Thursday, May 15, 2008

Super Savings Saturday

I am building up a stash for my sweet daughter's seven year old birthday coming up next month. I was excited to see the Hawaiian Tropics deal because one of the presents for her is a summer bag.
CVS Transaction #1:
2 lip balms $4
Colgate toothpaste $3
Spongebrush toothbrush $3
Sunglasses $7
Total: about $20
Coupons: $3 off $15, $1.00 mfr for colgate, $1.00 CRT for colgate, $1.00 toothbrush
paid $14.00 ECB's
Recieved $14.00 ECB's back





CVS Transaction #2:

Shick razor $9.99
One loaf bread $2.00
Canned chicken (for 72 hour kit) $3
Stickers for Wesley
Total: $19
Coupons: $3 off $15, $4 off razor
Paid $10 ECB's
Recieved $6 ECB's




Kohl's
I had a $10 off $10 purchase coupon so I went to check it out. I found these goggles on sale for $7.20 and the water gun was $5. I figured I would just pay the $3 or so out of pocket. When he rang it up the gun was marked down another couple of dollars so my final total was $.27! I was so excited because these items will go in Ayla's birthday bag.


So far for her birthday then I have:
1 set of summer pjs $10
1 woven bag from thrift store $.50
1 goggles and 1 water gun $.27
1 sunglasses and 1 lip balm $.00

I will probably spend a few more dollars for a hat and maybe her own sunscreen. Since she is having a birthday party this year that means I have a lot more to spend on party stuff! Hopefully I can work some of those things into the CVS budget as well. So her special day will be great and inexpensive.

1 comment:

The Gallands said...

Sounds like you are doing awesome on the gift thing! Great frugality!