Monday, March 31, 2008

72 hour kits

I want to address the issue of 72 hour kits. This is a really important component of a preparedness program. I have friends who have had to use theirs and I know from their first hand accounts what a powerful asset it is to be prepared in the time of an emergency. As we come up to General Conference (our church has one twice a year), it is a good time to take stock of your kits. This is a good time to change your smoke detector batteries and rotate the food in your 72 hour kit. Unless you have MRE's of course, then you should only eat those if you are starving. I'm going to start this series with some links for information on how to get started and what to include. Throughout the next couple of weeks I will be posting about our kit, what it looks like, where it is stored and what we have in it.

These are just a few to get started. I will update the list as I come across more information.

No comments: