Monday, August 11, 2008

Snacks



I sometimes have a hard time looking at my food storage and seeing snacks. Common visions are of days making bread and eating rice and oats but there are a lot of good healthy choices out there for snacks. Popcorn is one of my all time favorites. It is an excellent, fast, and fun snack. It also doesn't heat up your kitchen the way baked goods do in the summer. I don't have an air popper so I just pop 1/2 cup of corn in 2 tbsp. oil in my biggest saucepan.

Here is a video of how to do it if you are trying for the first time.



There are a ton of variations for things to add. I'm just going to list a few.


Our #1 favorite: plain ole' butter and salt


This one has nutritional yeast (very good for you)



Vanilla Popcorn



A list of recipes for cracker jacks



I like these ideas



At the bottom under the comments someone suggested adding honey. I think I will try that version next time.

1 comment:

Tongmee Jangjun said...

Thank for good recipes ^^