Thursday, February 28, 2008

Welcome Post

The inspiration to begin this blog arose from a desire to serve those in my immediate area who have been asking me questions about provident living. I realized that there is a lot of information out there but it is often difficult and time consuming to sift through it and determine what is best. I decided that I wanted to create a place where there could be a (somewhat) open dialog and a centralized place of information and support for those wanting to be more frugal, more responsible and more prepared. I have a strong testimony of being prepared. It is a principle with a promise. In the Doctrine and Covenants we read, "if ye art prepared, ye shall not fear" (D&C 38:30). It is so important to learn the skills of provident living. The world is ever changing. We find ourselves increasingly struggling to simpify, nourish and enrich our families. Part of that effort is in storing the things that we need in case of emergency, but it also includes using less waste, being cautious in how we spend our money and being willing and able to share with others. Food storage is about so much more than trying to find places for thousands of cans of wheat. It is a principle, a way of life that is good for the earth, and good for us. I hope that this site can bring options, hope and motivation to anyone who stops by.

No comments: